Marinated Roast BeefFrom jaie 6 years ago
- 1-4 pound beef tip, heel of round or rolled rump roast shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups dark beer or fresh apple cider shopping list
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup cold water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 teaspoons instant beef boullion shopping list
How to make it
- Prick the beef roast thoroughly with a fork.
- Place the beef roast in a deep glass bowl.
- In a bowl, mix beer or cider, oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Pour over beef.
- Cover and refrigerate, turning occasionally, for 12 hours.
- Place beef, fat side up, on the rack of a shallow pan.
- Reserve 1 cup of the marinade.
- Insert themometer so the tip is in the center of the thickest part of the roast and does not rest in any fat.
- Roast, uncovered, in a 325° oven until the thermometer reads 160°. This will be after about 3 hours.
- Remove beef and place onto a warm platter.
- Heat reserved marinade in a saucepan over medium heat until thoroughly hot.
- In small jar, with a lid, shake water, flour and bouillon.
- Gradually stir into marinade.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir for 1 minute.
- Pour over beef and serve.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!