Eggplant And Peppers In Black Bean Garlic SauceFrom julesong 5 years ago
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (you can add more if you want it really garlicky) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fermented black bean sauce shopping list
- 2 medium Asian eggplants, about a pound total shopping list
- 1/2 julienned red bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 julienned orange bell pepper shopping list
- 1/2 julienned yellow bell pepper shopping list
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar, to taste shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese chili sauce, to taste shopping list
- 3/4 cup water or low sodium vegetable broth shopping list
- cooked rice, for serving shopping list
How to make it
- Wash, then cut eggplant into 3/4-inch pieces (no need to peel).
- Heat oils together in nonstick skillet or wok over high temperature. Add the minced garlic and stir-fry, stirring, for 20 seconds, then add the black bean sauce and stir-fry for 15 seconds.
- Add eggplant, peppers, and onion and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar, chili sauce, and water, and stir well.
- Cook for 10 to12 minutes, stirring frequently, until vegetables are done to your preference.
- Serve immediately over hot rice.