Orange Rolls with Sour CreamFrom cookiewoman 6 years ago
- 1 package active dry yeast (about 3 teaspoons) shopping list
- 1/2 cup warm water shopping list
- 1 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup melted butter shopping list
- 1 /2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 orange shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- Combine 1/2 cup butter with 3/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream and 2 tablespoons orange juice in sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Pour glaze over roll immediately after removing rolls from oven. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven 350
- Stir yeast into warm water.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup sour cream, eggs, 6 tablespoons melted butter, salt and approximately 2 cups flour. Beat well.
- Gradually add enough more flour to make a soft dough that may be kneaded. Knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place dough in greased clean bowl, cover, and allow to rise until double in bulk.
- Knead dough to remove excess air.
- Divide into 2 parts.
- On a lightly oiled surface roll each part into a 12 inch circle.
- Brush each circle with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar with grated rind from 1 orange.
- Sprinkle orange sugar on dough circles.
- Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Starting at the wide end of each circle roll each wedge into crescent roll.
- Place on greased baking sheet and allow to rise 10-15 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Prepare glaze while rolls are baking.
- Pour glaze over rolls after removing from oven.
The Cookcookiewoman Convoy, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!