Jaynes Peanut Butter NoodlesFrom julesong 9 years ago
- 1/4 lb udon noodles shopping list
- water, for boiling shopping list
- 1/4 cup chicken broth (see note below) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, to taste (see note below) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons smooth low-sugar peanut butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh onions shopping list
- 2 teaspoons honey, to taste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, to taste shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic, to taste (see note below) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, for garnish shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook noodles according to package directions.
- When noodles are almost done cooking, in a saucepan combine the broth, ginger, soy sauce, peanut butter, fresh yellow or white onion, honey, cayenne, and garlic, and cook over medium heat until the peanut butter melts, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low.
- When noodles are done and drained well, add them to the saucepan and toss to coat.
- Put on plates or in bowls and garnish with green onions and peanuts.
- Makes 1 Jayne-sized serving, or 2 regular size servings.
- Note: you can use more broth to get the sauce to the consistency you prefer. You can also use fresh ginger and minced fresh garlic if you have them available. Red pepper flakes are also a good addition!