Easy Sauerkraut SoupFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 1 big fat leek, cleaned and chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp of dry vermouth shopping list
- 2 cups of refrigerated sauerkraut, rinsed and chopped shopping list
- 4 cups of chicken broth shopping list
- 1 generous spoon full of Dijon mustard stirred into broth shopping list
- 2 cups of fresh kale leaves, rolled like a cigar and shredded shopping list
- 1 ring of kielbasa, sliced and fried in a skillet til golden, drain and reserve shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper shopping list
- sour cream for garnish per bowl shopping list
- fresh dill sprigs as garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In the skillet you browned the kielbasa in, fry the leeks until wilted and soft. Deglaze with a splash of dry vermouth (my addition)
- Add sauerkraut, broth with the mustard and cook 10 minutes.
- Add kale and reserved kielbasa. cook another 10 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
- Serve with garnish.
- Low carbers can't eat this with bread, but my husband dunks chunks of pumpernickel in this and calls it complete.