Orange Slice Candy CookiesFrom krumkake 7 years ago
- 2 cups unsweetened cornflakes, crushed shopping list
- sweetened flaked coconut, optional shopping list
- 2 cups flour, divided into 1½ cups and ½ cup shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1½ cups packed brown sugar shopping list
- ½ cup butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 pound orange slices candies, diced shopping list
How to make it
- Place cornflakes in a gallon size plastic bag and crush finely.
- If desired, add sweetened coconut (1 cup or a bit less is plenty) to the crushed cornflakes. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together 1½ cups flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, cream together brown sugar and butter.
- Add eggs and beat batter until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour mixture, blending ingredients together well.
- Stir in the contents from the crushed cornflakes bag.
- In a shallow dish, toss diced orange slice candy pieces with remaining ½ cup flour; gently mix this into the cookie batter.
- Shape dough into 1½ inch balls.
- Place balls on lightly greased baking sheets, and then press down each ball with the tines of a fork.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes, until bottoms just barely begin to brown.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and cool on waxed paper.
- Keep cookies in a tightly covered container with waxed paper between layers.