Round-up RoastFrom craftyazgirl 5 years ago
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4/cup red-wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon honey shopping list
- 1 tablesoon soy sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 3-pound bottom round roast, trimmed shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard shopping list
- Chopped fresh herbs for garnish (optional ) shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, sherry, vinegar, honey, soy sauce, dried rosemary, and dried thyme; mix well . Set aside 1/4 cup of marinade. In a large resealable bag put roast and marinade, press out air ad seal, refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight,turning occasionally (I do the overnight).
- Preheat oven to 450.F
- remove roast rom marinade; discard bag and mariade.
- Brush the roast with the Dijon mustard and plae on a roasting rack in alarge roasting pan.
- Roast or 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325.F.
- Continue roasting until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part registers 150.F for medium, about 1 hour.
- Place roast on a serving platter; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Skim fat from pan juices. Place roasting pan over medium heat. Add the reserved marinade; bring to a boil, scraping up brown bits.
- Garnish roast with the fresh herbs and slice roast thinly across grain. Serve with pan juices.