Sun Dried Tomato Spring RollsFrom kristopher 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots shopping list
- 1/4 cup shredded cucumber shopping list
- 1 quart oil for frying shopping list
- 2 ounces boneless chicken breast halves, cooked and diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup diced green onion shopping list
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons diced onion shopping list
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced shopping list
- 1 ounce cooked crabmeat, diced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shiitake mushrooms shopping list
- 1/3 cup shredded cabbage shopping list
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 8 spring roll wrappers shopping list
How to make it
- Heat up 1 quart of oil in a wok over medium to high heat.
- Heat up 2 tbsps of oil in a medium to large saucepan on medium heat. Stir in the cabbage, carrots, cucumber, onions, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, pepper and salt. Slowly cook and stir until all veggies are tender, this usually takes about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, crabmeat, and five-spice powder into the cabbage mix. Sprinkle on avocado with lemon juice, and then stir it into the mixture. Remove it from heat.
- Put about 1 tsp of your cabbage and chicken mixture in the middle of the spring roll wrappers. Fold the wrappers, and seal the edges with moistened fingers (helps stick 'em).
- Carefully lower the spring rolls into your heated quart of oil. Deep fry them for about 3 minutes. They will be golden brown when ready. Drain the rolls on paper towels and then cut in half to serve.
The Cookkristopher San Francisco, CA
The Rating9 people
this was a great recipe! the only thing i would add is that i was completely lost on how to use the spring roll wrappers until i found this site: http://www.writersrow.com/joyceharmon/springrolls.html
her method worked perfectly!suzy in Boulder loved it
This one looks great and alot of different flavors to it. I bookmarked to try.coffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it
WOW!!!!!! I can hardly wait to try these! Thanks for posting!waterlily in Joplin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!