Jamaican Paw Paw RelishFrom oldgringo 9 years ago
- 2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic cloves shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chili de arbol shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon fine ground white pepper shopping list
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper shopping list
- 2 cups peeled, seeded, diced papaya shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh, washed, whole papaya seeds shopping list
How to make it
- Make the dressing by combining the vinegar, lime juice, garlic, chile, ground coriander, salt and pepper with oil and shaking vigorously.
- Place the chopped bell pepper, diced papaya, red onion and chopped cilantro in a dish and toss to mix.
- Pour on the dressing, toss and sprinkle on the whole papaya seeds. Gently fold them into the relish.
- Refrigerate in a covered dish for at least an hour. Gently stir once or twice.
- Note: This is a Jamaican recipe similar to Papaya Salsa from Mexico.