Cheese Stuffed Italian MeatloafFrom julesong 6 years ago
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup of your favorite pasta sauce, homemade or in the jar shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 lb hot italian sausage shopping list
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese, in about 1/4 inch pieces shopping list
- additional pasta sauce, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the egg, breadcrumbs (I whir herbed dry stuffing mix in my food processor to make these), garlic, and 1/2 cup pasta sauce until well-mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients (except the garnish), and mix together well (I do the whole thing in my sturdy KitchenAid mixer, which works quite well).
- Put into a large loaf pan, top/garnish with additional pasta sauce (I like a*lot* of sauce and so use about a half-cup, but three or four tablespoons would do, too), and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Serve with rice, spaghetti, or scalloped potatoes.
People Who Like This Dish 33
The Cookjulesong Seattle, WA
The Rating3 people
Hey, Jules - I was looking for a mac n cheese stuffed meatloaf that I saw on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives when I came upon your recipe. I made a double batch so that I could experiment a bit. I LOVE your idea of using your Kitchen-aid; am...moredebntim in Outer Banks loved it
HI SWEETIE, IM GOING TO HAVE TO TRY THIS MEAT LOAF AS IT SOUNDS REALLY GOOD. JObigstmpr in Edgewood loved it