Cheese Stuffed Italian MeatloafFrom julesong 9 years ago
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup of your favorite pasta sauce, homemade or in the jar shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onions shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 3/4 lb lean ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 lb hot italian sausage shopping list
- 1 cup cubed mozzarella cheese, in about 1/4 inch pieces shopping list
- additional pasta sauce, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the egg, breadcrumbs (I whir herbed dry stuffing mix in my food processor to make these), garlic, and 1/2 cup pasta sauce until well-mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients (except the garnish), and mix together well (I do the whole thing in my sturdy KitchenAid mixer, which works quite well).
- Put into a large loaf pan, top/garnish with additional pasta sauce (I like a*lot* of sauce and so use about a half-cup, but three or four tablespoons would do, too), and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Serve with rice, spaghetti, or scalloped potatoes.
People Who Like This Dish 35
The Cookjulesong Seattle, WA
The Rating3 people
HI SWEETIE, IM GOING TO HAVE TO TRY THIS MEAT LOAF AS IT SOUNDS REALLY GOOD. JObigstmpr in Edgewood loved it
Hey, Jules - I was looking for a mac n cheese stuffed meatloaf that I saw on Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives when I came upon your recipe. I made a double batch so that I could experiment a bit. I LOVE your idea of using your Kitchen-aid; am...moredebntim in Outer Banks loved it