Italian StuffingFrom flavorsofitaly 6 years ago
- Italian Stuffing shopping list
- Ingredients shopping list
- 4 and 1/2 lbs of cubed bread.. I use 2-3 day old Italian bread. shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery, diced shopping list
- 1/2 pound of italian sausage, cut into 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 2 medium onions, diced shopping list
- 1 tsp of crushed red pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbl of rosemary shopping list
- 2 Tbl of dried oregano shopping list
- 4 Tbl of dried sage shopping list
- Fresh peel of one lemon, grated shopping list
- 1 qt. of chicken broth shopping list
- 6 eggs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- salt, to taste shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, brown sausage over medium heat. Remove sausage into a bowl and drain fat, but reserve the fat. Stir bread cubes, and seasonings into the sausage.
- Pour reserved sausage drippings and a little olive oil into a large skillet, and heat. Add onions and celery - cook until they are tender and golden. Add onions and celery to the stuffing.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs well. Stir into the stuffing mixture. Slowly stir in chicken broth, and mix well. If stuffing seems too dry, add just a little extra virgin oil. Be sure the dressing does not become soggy.
- For dressing, place mixture in greased baking pan, and bake at 325F for 40 minutes. For stuffing, fill breast cavity of turkey, and bake turkey as recommended.