Tempura Coconut ShrimpFrom cutiechie_23 7 years ago
- vegetable oil for frying shopping list
- 1 cup McCormick® Tempura seafood Batter Mix (or make your own batter mixture of flour and beaten eggs. Make sure you put salt and pepper on the shrimps before dipping it into the batter.) shopping list
- Chilli (optional) the amount, depends on you. shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups ice cold water shopping list
- 4 cups flaked coconut, divided shopping list
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp*, peeled and deveined with tails on shopping list
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade or pineapple preserves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons orange juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Pour oil into large skillet, filling no more than 1/3 full. Heat on medium-high heat to 375°F.
- Mix Batter Mix, ginger and water in medium bowl. (Batter will be slightly lumpy.) Place 1 cup of the coconut on large plate.
- Dip shrimp, a few at a time, into batter; shake off excess. Roll in coconut. Carefully add to hot oil. Fry 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining shrimp, batter and coconut.
- Heat marmalade, orange juice and soy sauce until marmalade is melted. Serve with shrimp.