Salsa Verde CrudaFrom cycreativelabs 7 years ago
- 1/2 dozen tomatillos, husked and rinsed under hot water shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves shopping list
- 3 serrano chiles, stems removed (for a milder spice, use less) shopping list
- 1 jalapeño chile, stem removed (what? we've built a tolerance for these kinds of things) shopping list
- 1/2 of a white onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 a bunch of fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 of a lime shopping list
- salt to taste (a su gusto) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Boil all the tomatillos, half the garlic, half the chiles, and half the onion in enough water to cover for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and drain the water.
- Finely mince remaining garlic, chiles, and cilantro leaves.
- Place boiled tomatillos, garlic, onion, and chiles in a blender, and blend.
- Add remaining fresh chiles, garlic, onion, cilantro, lime juice, sugar, and salt to taste and lightly pulse in blender. You're really just mixing it in well.
- It should look gorgeous, and if it doesn't, something went wrong. Please use variations, its exciting to make something your own. Buen Provecho!
People Who Like This Dish 39
The Cookcycreativelabs Elmhurst, IL
The Rating6 people
Hello CY. I tried this salsa and it was amazing. Thanks a lot!cookiemunstor in elmhurst loved it
I make this alot, salsa verde! Great on every mexican meal, especially sopes(Yum) ! I will have to post my pico de gallo salsa.
Do you make salsa roja? I have never.
cheers.dragonflyma in Bloomingburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!