Microwave venison jerkyFrom putercop 9 years ago
- 1/2 lb Trimmed venison shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt (I use sea salt it's finer) shopping list
- 1/3 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1 tsp Accent shopping list
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce (I do use Lea and Perrins for this) shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 6 drops liquid smoke shopping list
How to make it
- Cut meat into 1/8" thick strips, which is easier if it is slightly frozen.
- Combine ingredients, and place with meat in refrigerator overnight to
- marinate in a sealed container or zipper bag
- Place the meat strips on a microwave roasting rack. They need to have airspace all around them. Discard the marinade.
- Set the microwave on high for 4 to 6 minutes.
- After 4 minutes check and add time in 30 second increments.
- The idea is to have a dried jerky, which means a color change
- from brown to dark brown, and a consistency in the meat that has changed from supple to leathery in it's texture. That's it!
- Store is a clean airtight container. This makes 1 serving.
- Do in small batches for more.