Mediterranean Pita PocketsFrom jaie 9 years ago
- Non-stick cooking spray shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenders, cut crosswise in half shopping list
- 1 large tomato, cut into bite-sized pieces shopping list
- 1 small sweet red onion, diced shopping list
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and sliced shopping list
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 3 teaspoons fresh minced oregano shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced mint, optional shopping list
- Diced black olives, optional shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 12 lettuce leaves shopping list
- 6 pita breads, cut crosswise in half shopping list
How to make it
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with the cooking spray.
- Heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add chicken tenders.
- Cook 7-10 minutes until browned and no longer pink in the middle.
- Cool slightly.
- Combine chicken, tomato, cucumber, sliced olives, feta cheese and onion in a medium-sized bowl.
- Drizzle with vinger and oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with oregano, salt, and mint if using.
- Toss to combine.
- Place lettuce leaf into each pita half.
- Divide chicken mixture evenly and spoon into each pita pocket.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!