Butternut Squash Gratin with Herb Crumb ToppingFrom dperry 9 years ago
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter shopping list
- 4 cups thinly sliced onions shopping list
- 2 1/2 lbs butternut squash, peeld, seeded, diced into 1/2-inch cubes shopping list
- 1 tsp brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 3/4 low sodium chicken or veggie broth shopping list
- 2 cups panko crumbs shopping list
- 2 cups packed grated sharp white cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 Tablesppon chooped fresh rosemary (or more to taste) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add onions; saute until light golden, about 8 minutes
- Add squash; saute 4 minutes
- Sprinkle sugar, salt and pepper over vegetables
- Saute until onions and squash begin to caramelize, about 5 minutes
- Spread mixture in prepared dish.
- Pour broth over.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake 45 minutes
- (Squash mixture can be made 1 day ahead. Cool, cover and refrigerate. Reheat in 350 degree oven until heated through, about 10 minutes)
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Mix Panko crumbs, cheese, rosemary and thyme in medium bowl
- Sprinkle over gratin
- Bake uncovered until top is golden brown and crisp, about 30 minutes.
The Cookdperry Eden Prairie, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!