Hummingbird Nectar Food For Your Feathered FriendsFrom sunrae 6 years ago
How to make it
- Using a measuring cup, get one cup of sugar.
- Place 4 cups of water in a pan.
- Heat the water on the stove until it is boiling.
- Add the sugar to the water, while stirring. Boil one minute, stirring.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cool.
- When the nectar is room temperature, fill your clean hummingbird feeder.
- Store any leftover nectar in a covered container in the refrigerator for several days.
- DO NOT add red coloring to the nectar. There is enough red on the feeder to attract the hummers. The coloring could be harmful to the birds.
- Make sure your feeder is clean.
- Hang your feeder in a shady place near some trees or bushes.
- Replace the nectar when it gets cloudy. Depending on your weather, you may need to clean your feeder and replace the nectar anywhere from a day to a week to keep it fresh.