Lamb VindalooFrom pluto 9 years ago
- 3 table spoons coriender seeds shopping list
- 2 table spoons cumin seeds shopping list
- 8 bay leaves (6 cm long each) shopping list
- 1 table spoon black pepper corns shopping list
- 2 table spoons cardamom buds shopping list
- 1 table spoon cloves shopping list
- 2 table spoons dried red chilli shopping list
- 1 table spoon dried mustard seeds shopping list
- 1 cinamon stick 3 cm long cut in several small peices shopping list
- 1 table spoon cayenne powder shopping list
- 1 table spoon turmeric shopping list
- 1 table spoon fenugreek seeds shopping list
- 1 kilogram of pure lamb shoulder muscle cyt in 4 cm strips or cubes shopping list
- 10 garlic cloves crushed shopping list
- 1 table spoon salt shopping list
- 1 table spoon sugar shopping list
- 1 kilogram red hard tomatoes diced finely shopping list
- 1 sweat green pepper cut in small strips shopping list
- 2 green chillis cut in thin slices with seeds shopping list
- 1 cup yogurt shopping list
- 3 table spoons grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 2 large onions diced shopping list
- 2 medium size potatoes shopping list
- 4 table spoons butter shopping list
- 1 cup wine venigar shopping list
How to make it
- Rosat all the spices listed above from 1-12 in a hot frying pan for few minutes on a slow heat. Do not burn them, Do not smell the aroma please. All the spice mix has to be roased.
- Remove all the spice mixture and put in a grinder mixer. Grind all the spices to a fine powder. Do not smell the mix.
- Mix the powdered spices with garlic, ginger, yogurt, salt, sugar and wine venigar
- Add the labm pieces to the marinad above and store refrigerated over night. Mix several times while marinating
- Melt butter in a pot, fry the potatoes for 5 minutes, then add the onions, green chilli, tomatoes and fry for 10 minutes
- Add the lamb with the marinade to the tomato mixture and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let evaporate to thicken the sauce.
- Serve with Basmati rice, naan and Raita.
- Be careful, this dish is not for every one. This is one of my favorite hot and spicy dishes
- Note you can keep half the marinade frozen for next time. You may also substitute lamb for chicken breast cut in cubes or use drum sticks instead. Enjoy
The Cookpluto Markham, Canada
The Rating9 people
Sounds like an authentic recipe which has to be tried. What a combination of flavours. Thanks for sharing this one. I can't wait!trev in Bogangar loved it
Thanks for this recipe. This vindaloo is authentic and absolutely delicious. I suggest you put a little less vinegar in it though.Addelito in loved it
I have cooked this recipe over and over and modified it until I got it to my personal liking. I must thank Pluto for this splendid recipe, it is quite authentic and allows me to save quite a lot of money on restaurant trips. I also make mango lassi...moreZiggizman in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!