Norwegian Cookies Or FattigmannFrom lor 9 years ago
- 6 egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/3 cup light cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon melted butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 2-1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg or cardamom shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- icing sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Beat together egg yolks and salt until thick and light.
- Beat in light cream, sugar and butter.
- Sift together flour and nutmeg.
- Add to egg yolk mixture with lemon rind.
- Mix well, then chill 1 hour.
- Roll out 1/4 of the dough at a time, keeping the remaining dough chilled.
- Roll 1/16 inch thick.
- Cut in 1-1/2-inch wide strips.
- Cut diagonally at 4-inch intervals.
- Make 1 inch slit lengthwise in center of each piece.
- Slip one end through the slit.
- Fry a few at a time in deep fat (350 degrees F) for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden.
- Remove cookie from fat with a slotted spoon.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Store in an airtight container.
The Cooklor Toronto, Canada
The Rating2 people
Cookies And Sweets452 members
Holiday Cookie Swappers222 members
Pass Down Recipes314 members
Ethnic Family Traditions Our Heritage Together135 members
Norwegian Tusen Takk35 members
Sweet Treats15 members
Sugar N Spice N Everything Nice77 members
World Wide Cuisine50 members