Frances Sticky BunsFrom jeanbean 8 years ago
- 1/4 c water shopping list
- 1 pkg dry active yeast shopping list
- 3/4 c lukewarm milk shopping list
- 3 1/2- 3 3/4 cup flour, white shopping list
- 1/4 c sugar shopping list
- 1 teasp salt shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1/4 c oil shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 1/4 c nuts - pecans or walnuts (optional) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened shopping list
- 1/3 c brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/3 c corn syrup, dark shopping list
How to make it
- In mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Stir in milk, half of flour, sugar, salt, egg, oil, butter.
- Mix with spoon or paddle until smooth.
- Add remaining flour, mix by hand.
- Turn onto floured board
- Knead until smooth and blistered, about 5 minutes.
- Put in greased bowl; turn, bringing greased side up.
- Cover with damp cloth.
- Let rise in warm place until double, about 1 ½ hours.
- Punch down, round up. Let rise again until double, about 30 mins.
- Spread butter on bottom of 9”x 9”x 2” square pan.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and nuts.
- Pat or roll dough into rectangle about 3/4 “ thick.
- Spread with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll as for jelly roll.
- Cut into 12 slices.
- Place slices in prepared pan.
- Pour dark corn syrup over rolls.
- Cover and let rise again until double, about 35-45 mins.
- Bake 25-30 mins. In preheated 375° oven.
- Remove from pan immediately by turning upside down.
The Cookjeanbean Seattle, WA
- Not added to any groups yet!