Focaccia BreadFrom hmatsuuchi 8 years ago
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme shopping list
- 1 pinch ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup warm water (120-130 F; 49-54 C) shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt, sugar, yeast, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, and black pepper. Mix in the olive oil and water. (Be sure the water is warmed to the appropriate temperature or the dough will not rise.)
- When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a cloth, and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Punch dough down; place on greased baking sheet. Pat into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle and press indentations into the dough spaced about 2 inches apart. Lightly brush top with olive oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and rosemary.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- This recipe will only produce enough dough to only partially fill a standard baking sheet. If you wish to make a full baking sheet's worth, double the recipe.
The Cookhmatsuuchi East Hampton, NY
The Rating10 people
Amazingly easy and good. I'm gnawing on it right now. Thanks so much for the recipe. My pasta dish for the night is going to pack some punch with this on the side.danieljdavis in Birmingham loved it
Truly wonderfulpecasfamily in Harrisville loved it
Good flavor even if I did use dried rosemary. Nice and chewy like I buy in the store. Turned out like the picture.
See also: Focaccia Breadpointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!