Cocoa Chiffon CakeFrom notyourmomma 6 years ago
- 3/8 cup of boiling water shopping list
- 1/4 cup of cocoa shopping list
- 7/8 cup of sifted "soft as silk" flour shopping list
- 7/8 cup of sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp of salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup of salad oil shopping list
- 4 unbeaten egg yolks shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract shopping list
- 4 egg whites shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 3 ounce package of cream cheese shopping list
- 3 tablespoons of milk shopping list
- 2 cups of sifted confectioner's sugar shopping list
- 2 squares of unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla or almond extract shopping list
How to make it
- Step 1: Stir until smooth and then cool, the boiling water and cocoa.
- Sift together in mixing bowl, flour, sugar and baking powder and salt.
- Make a well and add in order, the salad oil, the unbeaten egg yolks, the cooled cocoa mixture 1/2 tsp of vanilla. Beat with spoon until smooth.
- Step 2 - Into a large mixing bowl, put the egg whties and whip lightly, add the cream of tartar and whip until white form very stiff peaks.
- Step 3 - Pour egg yolk mixture very gradually over the whipped egg whites, gently folding with a rubber spatula until just blended. DO NOT STIR. Pour into ungreased pan at once.
- Bake in 8x8x2 square or 5x10x3 loaf or 9x 3 1/2 inch tube in a 325 degree oven for 50 -55 minutes.
- Grandmas' words are "Ice to please"
- Her Easy chocolate frosting is made as follows:
- Soften 1 three ounce package of cream cheese, beat in 3 tablespoons of milk or cream. Blend until smooth. Add confectioner's sugar 1/2 cup at a time beating well after each addition. Melt 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, cool slightly and add to creamed mixture with a pinch of salt. Flavor with vanilla or almond extract. Beat until extra smooth and well blended.
- Ice cooled cake.