Roasted Garlic Potato SoupFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- garlic bulbs, whole 4 shopping list
- 1 lb bacon shopping list
- 8 oz onions, chopped shopping list
- 1 lb carrots, diced shopping list
- 2 oz All purpose flour shopping list
- 5 lbs potatoes skinned or not and cubed shopping list
- 1 gallon chicken broth shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 quart Half & Half Cream shopping list
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- Directions: shopping list
How to make it
- Wrap garlic in foil and roast at 375 ° F for 75 minutes in a CONVENTIONAL OVEN , until soft.
- Cool and press out garlic.
- Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until browned.
- Add onions and carrots and cook until tender.
- Add flour and cook 1 minute.
- In a large pot, stir together potatoes, chicken broth, bacon mixture and bay leaves.
- Simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add garlic, half & half cream and parsley.
- Heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating5 people
Always 55555 :)lanacountry in Macon loved it
Wow there is almost enough garlic in this ;)
No really sounds wonderful. I might use an immersion blender to make it all smooth and delicious.legoflamb in New York loved it