Dutch BabyFrom cherihannah 8 years ago
- 4 Tbsp. butter shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup bread flour ( works the best ) can use all-purpose shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg or cinnamon or both shopping list
- confectioners' sugar shopping list
- lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 425 degrees
- In a 10 in. cast-iron skillet,put in the butter.
- Place in oven until butter melts & starts to sizzle.
- Meanwhile, combine eggs, milk, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg until almost smooth, should be sl. lumpy.
- When butter in frying pan is hot & starting to sizzle ,either carefully remove pan from oven or (very carefully),pour in batter while in oven.
- Bake until puffed & golden brown about 15 or 20 min.
- Take out & serve immediately after sprinkling with confectionary sugar and drizzle lemon juice on top. Can use maple syrup, pancake syrup or fruit topping if desired
- Makes 3 or 4 servings
People Who Like This Dish 33
The Cookcherihannah Shickshinny, PA
The Rating11 people
Oh yes, I love the Dutch Baby... sooooooo good!!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
This is a family favorite, and ALWAYS such a hit when we have company...it's like a giant pop-over. So good with fruit, or syrup or some cinnamon sugar. This one is a 5 every time (but it won't "pop" if you use a non-stick pan!).krumkake in Chicago Suburbs loved it
Love dutch babies, wondeful post.sunny in Portland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!