Bread Pudding with Amaretto SauceFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- 1 loaf French bread shopping list
- 1 quart half and half shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 11/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto shopping list
- 1/2-cup raisins (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the bread into small bite-sized pieces and place in a medium bowl. Cover with the half and half. Cover the bowl and let stand for one hour.
- Spray individual soufflé dishes or custards with Pam cooking spray. In a small bowl beat, together the eggs, sugar, and amaretto. Stir the mixture into the bread and milk. Gently fold in the raisins and almonds, if desired. Ladle mixture into individual ovenproof serving dishes to about 2/3 full. Bake in a 325°F oven for 50 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and place on small service plate. Spoon Amaretto Sauce over the bread pudding. Top with whipped cream and garnish with a maraschino cherry or a few sprinkles of sliced almonds.