Bread Pudding with Warm Banana Maple SauceFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 1 loaf egg bread -- sliced into 1" piece shopping list
- 3 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 10 large eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 6 medium bananas -- sliced to 1/4 shopping list
- 8 fluid ounces maple syrup shopping list
How to make it
- Grease 3 1/4 to 4 quart casserole or 13 x 9 inch pan. Arrange bread slices, overlapping slightly. Beat milk, salt , eggs and 1/4 cup sugar until well mixed. Slowly pour egg mixture over the bread; prick slices with a fork and press slices down to absorb egg mixture. Spoon any egg mixture that bread has not absorbed over bread slices. Mix cinnamon and 1 tbs sugar and sprinkle over bread pudding and dot with butter. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or over night. Preheat oven to 325 Remove cover from bread pudding and bake for 45 minutes or until knife comes out clean when inserted into the center. For sauce; melt remaining 2 tbs butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bananas and cook until they are browned on both sides. Pour in maple syrup; heat to boiling and boil 3 to 4 minutes until mixture thickens slightly. Serve Sauce in bowl with bread pudding.
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!