Bread And Butter PuddingFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
How to make it
- Take your 12 slices of bread
- Butter your bread on both sides.
- Stack the buttered bread up.One piece on top of the other.
- Slice the bread carefully using a sharp knife.
- Make a single layer of bread on the bottom of your pan
- On top of each layer put a handfull of raisins and a handfull of grapes.
- Take one tablespoon of brown sugar and crumble over the top.
- Put the milk into a bowl.
- Add the eggs and mix.
- Pour the milk and egg mixture over the first layer to saturate - you do not want the milk level higher than the raisins and grapes.
- For the last layer, do not add sultanas or raisins - only the brown sugar again.
- Add milk liberally and press down slightly.
- Put into the oven at 320 deg F for approximately 25 minutes.
- Serve with either custard or cream (or on its own).
- Brandy mixed into the cream gives it a fantastic taste.