Creamy No Bake Rice PuddingFrom peetabear 9 years ago
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup arborio rice shopping list
- 1/4 teasp salt shopping list
- 3 cups half and half --- OR shopping list
- I USE: 1 c. Soy milk, 1c. vanilla almond milk , 1 c. Half & Half shopping list
- 2 sticks of cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 TBSP vanilla or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a heavy non-stick pot that has a tight lid
- add rice and the salt. Cover and lower the heat to to simmer.
- cook 20 mins.
- next add 3 cups of what ever type of Milk you are using and the cinnamon sticks. stir bring to a boil and then turn heat down to simmer.
- simmer for 20 mins with the cover off.
- at the end of the 20 mins stir really well.
- simmer for another 20 mins with the cover off.
- at the end of this 20 mins it should be getting thick it may need a little more time
- Next add the sugar.Mix well. it will look thin again that's okay..
- simmer for another 10 or more mins..or until it looks thick enough. It will thicken up more as it cools down. Take off the heat and add the Vanilla. Mix well. I usually add a little cinnamon powder... oh take the cinnamon sticks out..
- you will need to know your stove to get the temperatures right.. so you may need a little more or less time cooking it
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookpeetabear Mid-hudson Valley, NY
The Rating3 people
I guess I know my stove cause this was really good.Ty for postmystic_river1 in Bradenton loved it