Honey Vegetable Beef Stir FryFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup prepared stir-fry sauce shopping list
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flake shopping list
- 4 tsps vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 cups small broccoli floret shopping list
- 2 cups mushroom shopping list
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges and separated shopping list
- 1 medium carrot, cut diagonally shopping list
- Plus we added a package of boneless rib-cut beef, but you can add chicken or whatever else you'd like. shopping list
- Or just keep it a veggie dish shopping list
How to make it
- Make the honey-asian sauce. You can buy any type of premade stir fry sauce you want - I went with original.
- Mix that 1/4 cup in with 1/4 cup of honeyand then sprinkle crushed red pepper flake into the mixture;
- stir to mix all the parts up together.
- slice up the vegetables.
- The recipe calls for only 2 cups of each, but that's a REALLY small amount, so just do whatever you feel like and depending on how many people you're feeding. I madee about 4 cups of each and I fed 4 people comfortably.
- At this point separate the process - cooking the vegetables first and then deciding to cook the meat last, which worked out perfectly.
- Put all l the chopped up veggies into a wok and then add olive oil, salt, and garlic powder.
- tenderize the meat with some olive oil, salt, and garlic powder.
- chop the meat horizontally into smaller pieces that are easier to pick at and chew with the rest of the stir fry.
- Now you can quickly cook the meat by itself in another dish while letting the already cooked vegetables have a rest. After the meat is cooked to your taste, add it all together.