Home Made Mincemeat For Mince PiesFrom vivian 9 years ago
- 4-oz (100 g) shredded suet shopping list
- 4 oz (100 g) raisins shopping list
- 2-oz (50 g) cut mixed candied peel shopping list
- 2-oz (50 g) walnuts, chopped shopping list
- 1 level teaspoon mixed spice (or 1/2 teaspoon each of cinnamon and nutmeg) shopping list
- 7/8 cup (200 g) 7 oz Demerara sugar shopping list
- 4-oz (100 g) sultanas shopping list
- 1 cup (100 g) 4 oz cooking (tart) apples shopping list
- brandy or rum to mix shopping list
How to make it
- Make the mincemeat at least two weeks before you intend to use it.
- Mince together or finely chop the dried fruits, peeled and cored apples, and the nuts.
- Add the sugar, spice and enough brandy or rum to give a moist mixture.
- It should not be too wet; more spirits can always be stirred in before using if the mincemeat has been kept for rather a long time and dried up slightly.
- Cover and leave to stand for 48 hours.
- Stir well and put into jars. Cover and store for at least two weeks.
The Cookvivian Stoke-on-Trent, GB
The Rating2 people
I've never made it homemade, my mom did with deer meat... this sounds great.. thanksshirleyoma in Cove loved it