Mango Paradise MuffinsFrom thepiggs 9 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- ½ teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon allspice shopping list
- ¾ cup shredded, sweetened coconut shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- ¼ cup butter, melted shopping list
- ⅓ cup brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup diced mangoes shopping list
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 3 tablespoons butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix the dry ingredients together including the coconut.
- In another bowl, whisk two large eggs. Add the milk, melted butter, and brown sugar. Add the mangoes.
- With a spatula, mix the dry ingredients into the liquid mixture. Stir until just combined. Spoon the batter into 10 to 12 well-greased muffin tins. Ten muffins will give you large, nicely-domed muffins. Fill any unused muffins cups half full of water.
- For the streusel topping, mix together the three tablespoons flour, the three tablespoons brown sugar, and the cinnamon. Cut in the three tablespoons batter until crumbly. Spoon the topping over the batter in the muffin tins.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes until they test done with a toothpick. Let the muffins sit in the tins for a few minutes and then remove them to wire racks to cool.
The Cookthepiggs MO
The Rating4 people
Have a mango loving teen, who (horrors!!) hates coconut. She loved these, so congrats on a combination that made a convert out of her!! We are a lovin' muffin family, smoothies and a muffin are a great breakfast on the run.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
These do sound like a piece of paradise!dynie in Marietta loved it