garbure Bearnaise Bearn Country SoupFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 1 pound navy beans shopping list
- 4 quarts water shopping list
- 2 leeks, cut julienne style shopping list
- 2 turnips, sliced shopping list
- 1 small carrot, sliced shopping list
- 1 small cabbage, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 20 green beans shopping list
- 6 potatoes, peeled and left whole shopping list
- 6 sweet Italian sausages shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/4 pound salt pork (bacon fat) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- bouquet garni (1 bay leaf, 2 sprigs thyme, and 4 sprigs parsley, tied together and removed before serving) shopping list
How to make it
- Soak the navy beans overnight or at least for several hours.
- Drain and rinse them.
- Wash and prepare the vegetables.
- Pour water into a large soup pot and add all the vegetables except the potatoes, bouquet garni (bay leaf, thyme, parsley tied together), and garlic.
- Cover the pot and cook the soup slowly over low-medium heat for about 1 l/2 hours.
- Add more water as necessary.
- Add the whole potatoes, herbs, sausages, garlic and bacon fat and continue cooking slowly for another hour and 15 minutes.
- At this point, taste the seasonings and add salt and pepper. (It may need very little salt because of the salt pork).
- Take out the whole potatoes, sausage, and pork and keep them in a warm place.
- Simmer the soup for 15 minutes, remove the bouquet garni,
- serve it hot, accompanied by slices of French bread.
- After the soup, serve the potatoes and the sausages on a separate plate (1 for each person), accompanied by a fresh green salad and more slices of French bread .
- Garbure should be served at the table steaming hot, and it should be accompanied by plenty of French bread and red wine.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating4 people
I'm not much of of soup fan, but this I would definately like! Thank you for a great recipe! ^5witchywoman in Longview loved it
I am a big soup fan and this Garbure Bearnaise Bearn Country Soup Recipe is unique and delicious I love all these fresh vegetables especially leeks .
High Five Joymarie
Flagged as beautiful and unique
Michaeltrigger in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!