Stuffed Roast Baby PumpkinFrom sheehydevil 9 years ago
- 4 Baby pumpkins shopping list
- 1 clove Garlic, chopped finely shopping list
- 2 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 600g Mixed wild mushrooms shopping list
- 60g butter shopping list
- 1 Lg white onion shopping list
- 1 leek, Sliced shopping list
- 2 tsp fresh herbs, of your choice (I use thyme, oregano and sage) shopping list
- 60g roasted hazelnuts, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Cut the Pumpkins tops off in one thin slice
- Scoop out seeds and discard
- Mix the olive oil and the garlic together and brush on the inside of the pumpkins
- Clean mushrooms and slice larger ones into chunks
- Cook Onion until caramelized in half of the butter, add leek and cook until just wilted.
- Add half the mushrooms and cook until wilted.
- Pour cooked vegetables into a bowl and cook remaining mushrooms in remaining butter until just wilted.
- Add hazelnuts and herbs, cook for an additional five minutes.
- Mix everything together in bowl, then spoon into pumpkin hollows
- Replace "lids"
- Place pumpkins in a roasting dish (I use a glass casserole dish) and add approx 1 cm of water
- Bake until you can push a skewer easily through the pumpkin's flesh. (around an hour and a half)
The Cooksheehydevil Kingston, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!