Peanut Cake with Giandua Truffle CremeFrom jo_jo_ba 9 years ago
- 1 ½ cups creamy peanut butter shopping list
- ¼ cup butter shopping list
- ¾ cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 tsp cornstarch shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 cup cake flour shopping list
- 1 tablespoon baking powder shopping list
- ½ tbsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- ¼ cup milk shopping list
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate (recc. Lindor Excellence 70% Bar) shopping list
- 3 oz semisweet chocolate (recc. Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Baking Bar) shopping list
- ¼ cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/3 cup evaporated skim milk shopping list
- 2 ½ tablespoons hazelnut liqueur shopping list
- ½ teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and sugar.
- Add eggs; beat well.
- Combine flours, baking powder and baking soda.
- Separately blend sour cream and milk.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with wet to creamed mixture, blending well.
- Pour into two greased 9” cake pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely in pans on a wire rack.
- Chop the chocolates finely and place in a bowl.
- Heat the cream and milk in a small saucepan until just below boiling.
- Immediately pour the hot liquid into the bowl with the chocolates.
- Stir with a wire whisk until thoroughly melted.
- Whisk in the hazelnut liqueur and vanilla.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally to prevent it from solidifying fully.
- Unmould one cake round onto a serving platter.
- Spread chocolate-hazelnut cream over the cake round, heating slightly if necessary to spread.
- Top with second cake round and spread top with remaining cream.
- Serve immediately or store in fridge until needed.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating3 people
OK, you got me with Peanut Butter! Oh this sounds me soooooooooo good!shirleyoma in Cove loved it