Cube Steak Rye SandwichesFrom craftyazgirl 7 years ago
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. beef cube steaks (4 medium) shopping list
- cracked pepper shopping list
- salt shopping list
- 2 to 3 teaspoons oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine shopping list
- 8 slices rye bread with caraway seeds shopping list
- 4 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- Sliced tomato, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat broiler
- Sprinkle the steaks with salt and cracked pepper,using from 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon depending on your taste preference.
- Heat the oil and butter in heavy skillet.
- Brown the steaks quickly, about 3 minutes on per side.
- While steaks are cooking, drizzle about 1 teaspoon oil on each bread slice. Broil lightly Trun and top with onion slices.
- Drizzle with more oil. Broil until lightly browned. Sprinkle with cheese, broil for few seconds more.
- Place steaks on 4 slices of the bread, Top with remaining slices, this time onion-side up.
- Add sliced tomato optional
The Cookcraftyazgirl El Mirage, AZ
The Rating4 people
I made this today for dinner. It was delicious!!!! We loved it! I made a few minor changes...instead of cooking the red onion on the bread, I carmalized them in a little soy sauce in a pan. I also rubbed the rye bread with a garlic clove to give...moremisahungry in Hightstown loved it
i made this at home
it is so yummy yummy
tasty hmmmmmmmmmm.....gitesh0799 in Ludhiana loved it
Wow, sounds and looks so yummie, thanks, what a great post.henrie in Savannah loved it