Mexican Pepper SteakFrom craftyazgirl 9 years ago
- 1 1/2 lbs. top sirloin or other tender steak shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil or lard shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 cups coarsely cut onion shopping list
- 2 cups coarsely cut green pepper shopping list
- 1 can (4 oz ) diced green chilies shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped shopping list
- Hot cooked rice shopping list
How to make it
- Tim fat from steak. Cut into bite-size cubes or into thin strips.
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat. Add meat and garlic. Cook, tossing, until browned.
- Add onion, green pepper and chilies. Cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are tender crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Add seasonings and tomato.
- Heat briefly until tomatoes warmed.
- Serve with rice.