Hot Pastrami-kraut SandwichesFrom craftyazgirl 9 years ago
- 4 to 5 oz. pastrami, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 slices swiss cheese shopping list
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 small onion, chopped shopping list
- 1cup sauerkraut, drained shopping list
- 8 slices Pumpernickel rye bread shopping list
- German-style mustard shopping list
- dill pickles shopping list
How to make it
- Divide pastrami into 4 portions. Top each with aslice of cheese; set aside.
- Heat tablespoons of the butter in a skillet. Add onin nd saute slowly until tender.
- Meanwhile, rinse the sauerkraut under cold water and squeeze dry.
- Add sauerkraut to the onion. Toss over high heat until heated through.
- Spread slices of rye bread with mustard
- Top 4 of the slices of bread with evenly diided portions of the kraut and onion mixture. Place pastrami and cheese on top of the vegetables, cheese side up. top with second 4 slices of bread.
- Melt remaining butter in frying pan. Then saute sanwiches on boh sides until browned.
- Serve immediately garnished with spears of dill pickes