Clam ChowderFrom pamela 7 years ago
- 2 (10 oz) cans minced clams, liquid removed and set aside shopping list
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 1 cup celery, minced shopping list
- 1 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 quart half-and-half cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp white sugar shopping list
- 3/4 cup melted butter shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Combine onion, garlic and enough water to form a smooth paste in a blender. Place aside.
- In a large pot, mix together the onion mixture, potatoes, celery, salt, pepper, and reserved juice from the clams. Add enough water to cover then bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Add in half-and-half and sugar. Mix together the flour and melted butter then stir into soup. Cook and stir until the soup thickens. Add in the clams and adjust seasonings to taste.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookpamela San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!