French Apple PieFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 3/4 c. butter (3/4 cup) shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- About 1 Tbsp vanilla sugar shopping list
- 1 pinch salt shopping list
- 1 pinch baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 c flour shopping list
- 1 1/3 c sugar (white or brown) shopping list
- 1 lb sweet apples (a sweet sort, I picked golden delicious apples) shopping list
- some powdered sugar shopping list
- 4 teaspoons Calvadosor Apple brandy. shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter, let it cool down a bit while you peel your apples,
- cut them in quarters and cut the center out.
- Put your sugar, eggs, vanilla sugar, butter, salt and calvados in a big bowl and mix it until it's foamy.
- Next, slice your apples into thin slices
- Pour the flour and the pinch of baking powder into your egg, sugar, and butter mixture and mix it up until it's smooth.
- Then put about 4/5th of your apples in there, and gently mix it up until all slices are covered in batter.
- Grease a round cake pan (medium sized) and pour everything into it, smooth it out.
- arrange the remaining apples nicely on top of the batter.
- Bake the French apple pie 395°F on the lowest level in your oven for about 50 minutes.
- Please check on the pie regularly, and at around 35-40 minutes, if you see the top getting brown, cover it up with foil and finish baking.
- Let the French apple pie cool off for a while, and then dust the powdered sugar over the pie!
People Who Like This Dish 14
- Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cape Town, South Africa
- MainahMom Nowhere, Us
- lanacountry Macon, GA
- speaclaigreine Dublin, IE
- sampo_torgo PRAIRIEVILLE, LA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- pinkpasta Upstate, SC
- thenewmrsstreetman Temple Terrace, FL
- anetamar Winnipeg, CA
- je_suis_cindy Whereever, CA
- Plus 4 othersFrom around the world!