Black Bean and Roasted Tomato SoupFrom recipediva 8 years ago
- 1 pound plum tomatoes or other full-flavor variety (should be ripe and shopping list
- red), halved shopping list
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise, cut into thin wedges shopping list
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 4 large garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 2 cups (or more) canned vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro shopping list
- 4 cups cooked black beans shopping list
- (or two 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed, drained) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine tomatoes, onion and carrot in large roasting pan.
- Add garlic, oil, salt and oregano and toss to coat.
- Roast until vegetables are brown and tender, stirring occasionally, about 50-60 minutes.
- Transfer vegetables to blender.
- Add 1 cup broth to roasting pan and scrape up any browned bits.
- Add broth and 1 1/2 cups beans to processor.
- Puree vegetable mixture until smooth.
- Transfer soup to heavy large saucepan. Add remaining beans.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors blend, adding more broth if soup is too thick, about 10 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot.
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!