Hot bacon dressingFrom larryvaughn 6 years ago
How to make it
- Fry bacon until crispy
- Remove bacon to paper towel covered dish to drain and cool
- Reserve 1 1/2 teaspoons of the bacon fat
- Combine flour, sugar, salt
- Mix well with 1/2 cup water, let stand in mixing container
- Heat vinegar and remainder of water to hot (do not boil)
- Add the hot liquid to dry ingredients, stirring well
- Add the mixture to the bacon fat still in skillet, and cook to desired consistency. (If gravy like texture is desired, you can bring to a brief boil. Overcooking with cause it to congeal into a thick ball)
- If desired, you can crumble the bacon you fried and add to salad
- Pour over your salad of choice and devour immediately.
The Cooklarryvaughn Austin, TX
The Rating1 people
Wonderful, my mom use to make this also, thanks for the recipe, I didn't have it for some reason, so I was surprised and thrilled to see it posted, I know it's good. Great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!