Cherry Cheese French Toast SandwichesFrom thepiggs 8 years ago
- 4 ounces cream cheese (regular or low fat) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- about 2/3 cup cherry jam shopping list
- bread slices shopping list
- 3 large eggs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons milk or cream shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Finely chop the pecans. Set aside.
- 2. In a medium bowl, whip the cream cheese, sour cream, and extract. Fold in the jam. Spread the cherry and cream cheese mixture between two slices of bread sandwich-style.
- 3. Whisk the eggs and milk together. Dip the sandwiches in the egg mixture and then dredge the egg-coated sandwiches in the crushed pecans.
- 4. Cook the coated sandwiches on a hot griddle or in a frying pan first on one side and then the other. Serve immediately with fruit syrup or maple syrup.
- Yield is about four double French toast sandwiches.
- Fruit and Cream Cheese Variations:
- Instead of cherry jam, try other jams of your choosing. Consider Boysenberry Jam, Strawberry Rhubarb Jam, or Red Currant Jelly. Mix the jam or jelly with the cream cheese.