Harvest Round SteakFrom michellem 9 years ago
- 2 lbs. beef round steak, cut 3/4 inch thick shopping list
- 3 tbs flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tps. pepper shopping list
- 3 tbs cooking oil shopping list
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and halved shopping list
- 3 small onions, quartered shopping list
- 3/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 1/2 inch stick of cinnamon shopping list
- 3 medium cooking apples, peeled and quartered shopping list
How to make it
- Cut steak into six pieces.
- Pound mixture of flour, salt and pepper into steak until steak is 1/4 in. thick.
- In 12 in. skillet with and ovenproof handle, brown steak on both sides in hot oil.
- Add sweet potatoes, onion, water and cinnamon; cover and bake in a 350* oven for 1 hour
- Add apples and bake covered, 15 minutes more.
- Remove meat, potatoes,onion and apples to platter
- Measure pan juices:add water to make 1 3/4 cups.
- Combine 1/4 cup cold water to 2 tbsp flour and 1/4 tsp salt; add to pan juices.
- Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Drizzle over meat dish!
The Cookmichellem Idaho, ID
The Rating6 people
Oh this sounds good, I have a sweet potatoe casserole that's really good and it's made with apples also. Great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
Oh my gosh this sounds so yummy. I agree with Henrie as I love the addition of apples as well. You've got my "5" forks on this winning recipe.lor in Toronto loved it
I don't understand why most people gave you an low rating.I'm giving you 5 forks for a wonderful recipe.I hope that this goes up on this one.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!