Diabetic Fruity Sweet PotatoesFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, unpeeled shopping list
- 1 tsp. low−fat margarine shopping list
- 1/4 C. unsweetened pineapple juice shopping list
- 2 T. low−sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 T. chopped pineapple shopping list
- Pinch of cinnamon shopping list
- Pinch of grated nutmeg shopping list
- Pinch of allspice shopping list
- nonstick cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Boil the potatoes in a pan until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Remove skins.
- In a large bowl, mash the pulp.
- Add the margarine, fruit juice and broth and whip until fluffy.
- Add the chopped pineapple and spices.
- Coat a 1−quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Transfer the potato mixture to the dish.
- Bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned.