Chocolate Decadence Flourless CakeFrom ambauer 7 years ago
- 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips or good quality semi-sweet chocolate chopped shopping list
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 1½ cups butter, melted shopping list
- 1¾ cups Granulated sugar shopping list
- ½ cup water shopping list
- 7 eggs shopping list
- 2 cups whipped cream, for garnish (I like to make cocoa or chantilly whipped cream) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 10 inch round pan and line bottom with parchment paper.
- Chop chocolate squares and place in a large bowl with chocolate chips. Add melted butter. Heat water and 1 1/2 cups sugar in a saucepan until boiling, then pour over chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip eggs with remaining 1/4 cup sugar until thick. Fold into chocolate mixture. Pour batter into 10 inch pan.
- Place 10 inch pan on a cookie sheet in the oven and fill the cookie sheet with water.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven. Cool and refrigerate for several hours. Be extremely careful not to burn yourself on the hot water when removing the sheet pan from the oven.
- Dip the pan in hot water to remove cooled cake. Garnish with whipped cream and serve. I've also topped with ganache for an even more elegant presentation
The Cookambauer Berkeley, CA
The Rating7 people
You are fabulous! Thanks for posting this- it looks decadent and easy : )suzalleogram in Easthampton loved it
Thank you for this wonderful treasure.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I'm hooked without even tasting it!! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. Since it's wheat-free, I can indulge my chocolate addiction without fear. Thanks again!fruitofherhandsorganics in Indianapolis loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!