Vanessas braised beef short ribsFrom vanessa 6 years ago
- 4 rib bones of beef short ribs shopping list
- 2 small yellow onions, chopped in chunks shopping list
- 5 cloves of garlic, each halved with germ removed shopping list
- 3 roma tomatoes, chunked shopping list
- salt / pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp thyme shopping list
- 2 cups red wine shopping list
- stock to cover and to deglaze shopping list
How to make it
- Sear the ribs in a dutch oven over high heat. Add the the other ingredients, bring to a boil, cover, remove from burner and put the pot in a oven preheated to 325. Bake for 3 hours.
- When they're done, transfer the ribs to the preheated skillet, turn off the heat, and cover (this will keep them warm while you make the sauce). Transfer the pan juices and solids to a sieve suspended over a saucepan. Press all the juices out of the solids. Deglaze the dutch oven with stock. Skim the fat off the pan juices, add the deglazing liquid and allow this to reduce over medium-high heat until you have the consistency and amount you want. Taste and season accordingly.