Calamari Red Onion Green Pepper Stir FryFrom mystic_river1 6 years ago
- 1 lb squid rings shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper shopping list
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil shopping list
- 1 red onion, sliced shopping list
- 5 3/4 oz jar black bean sauce shopping list
- garlic if desired to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse the squid rings under the cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Place the all-purpose flour and salt in a bowl and mix together. Add the squid rings and toss until they are finely coated. Using a sharp knife, seed the bell pepper. Slice the bell pepper into thin strips.
- Heat the peanut oil in a large preheated wok.
- Add the bell pepper and red onion to the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes, or until the vegetables are just beginning to soften.
- Add the squid rings to the wok and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the squid is cooked through.
- Add the black bean sauce to the wok and heat through until the juices are bubbling.
- Transfer to warmed bowls and serve immediately.