Crockpot Beef StroganoffFrom yummers 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 lbs. beef sirloin tip, cut into cubes ( I added some seasoning salt to my steak) shopping list
- 16 oz. pkg. baby carrots shopping list
- can of stem and peices mushrooms or sliced fresh mushrooms (how much you would like) shopping list
- 1 onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano leaves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup apple juice shopping list
- 8 oz. carton sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
How to make it
- Combine everything except sour cream, flour, and water in a 3-1/2 quart slow cooker. Cook on low heat for 8-10 hours (high for 4-5 hours). Remove and discard bay leaf.
- Combine sour cream, flour, and water in medium bowl and mix well, using a whisk.
- Add 1 cup of the hot liquid from the crockpot to the sour cream mixture and stir until combined. Return this mixture to the crockpot and stir well.
- Cover crockpot and cook on high for 20-30 minutes until thickened and bubbly.
- I added about a tablespoon of cornstarch as a last step before eating. It was not as thick as I would have liked it.