Croissant Bread Pudding With Brandy RaisinsFrom scrumptious 8 years ago
- 4 croissants (plain, almond, chocolate, whatever!) and/or morning buns shopping list
- 2 C. soymilk or milk shopping list
- 4 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1/2 C. sugar shopping list
- 1 t. cinnamon shopping list
- 1 t. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 C. brandy (the cheap stuff is fine) (optional) shopping list
- 1/3 C. raisins (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Chop croissants into 1 or 2 inch squares and arrange in baking pan. If you are using different flavors, you may want to mix them all up together, or you might make an "almond zone" and "chocolate zone" and so on for your guests to sample.
- In a medium bowl, combine milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Pour over croissants, pushing croissants into mixture until all pieces are saturated.
- Heat brandy and raisins together in a small pot over medium heat. When raisins are plump and juicy, sprinkle over top of pudding. You may also pour some or all of the brandy over the pudding as well (to taste).
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.