Jack-o-Lantern Sloppy Joe PieFrom tinam 6 years ago
- 1 Pillsbury® refrigerated pie crust (from 15-oz box), softened as directed on box shopping list
- 1 1/2 lb bulk turkey sausage shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 cup Green Giant® Niblets® frozen corn (from 1-lb bag) shopping list
- 1 cup Old El Paso® Thick 'n chunky salsa shopping list
- 1/2 cup chili sauce shopping list
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso® chopped green chiles shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 450°F. Remove pie crust from pouch; onto ungreased cookie sheet, unroll crust.
- 2 . With sharp knife, cut jack-o'-lantern face from crust. If desired, place cutouts on crust to decorate, securing each with small amount of water. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until crust is light golden brown.
- 3 . Meanwhile, in 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until sausage is no longer pink. Stir in remaining ingredients except cilantro. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until corn is cooked and sauce is desired consistency.
- 4 . Stir cilantro into sausage mixture. Carefully place warm baked pie crust over turkey mixture in skillet.
- TIP: In place of the turkey sausage, use pork sausage. Be sure to drain the cooked sausage before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Recipe and image courtesy of Pillsbury.com
The Cooktinam Tugun, AU
The Rating1 people
This is a great recipe and perfect for the Happy Helping Hands group. I am wondering if you could add a note to say that during the other times of year you could just cover the pie with a full crust.ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it